I am currently work on our Benefits team as a Senior Benefits Account Manager. My role includes servicing a large book of business, processing large volumes of enrollments, terminations, and maintenance for clients’ and employees’ medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with various other voluntary products. In addition, I reconcile each of my accounts’ monthly insurance invoices, performing a line-by-line audit to ensure correct eligibility and billing. I am also the COBRA Administrator for AccessPoint’s entire COBRA-eligible clientele, processing and distributing all COBRA information/election packets, monthly invoices and notices, and posting all participation payments. I interact with multiple insurance carriers on a daily basis. I regularly interact with clients, worksite employees and AccessPoint’s internal departments to communicate and resolve any and all benefit needs or issues.
I started with AccessPoint in 2005 as a Benefits Administrator. Prior to AccessPoint, I worked for 10 years at a Pharmacy Benefits Management company, starting as the Quality Assurance Manager and moved into the Manager of Operations position, specializing in servicing Third Party Administrators. I was also the Supervisor of Patient Financial Services at a Home Infusion Company and worked as a consultant and supervisor for a Denver-based Health and Human Services consulting organization servicing government and privatized clients.
In addition to wonderful friends, I have two beautiful daughters, two very handsome son-in-laws, two adorable grandsons that completely own me, and one very cute, and lucky, rescue cat. Life is good!
Hometown: Westland, Michigan
- University of Michigan – Dearborn, Liberal Arts
- Oakland Community College
- John Glenn High School
1. “If it’s not something you can be proud of, then don’t do it.”
2. “You can’t control how you feel, but you can control how you behave.”
- Favorite holiday is Christmas
- My perfect day off is spent hanging out with my daughters and grandsons, playing at the park, zoo or cider mill, riding the train or hayrides, and getting ice cream – days full of laughter!
- Favorite childhood memories are of summers spent with my family and friends at my grandparent’s cottage on Houghton Lake